Freeman’s Rules for a Pain-Free Life
- Under no circumstance offer unsolicited advice. No matter your wealth of knowledge on a subject, if they haven’t asked for your help, they don’t need your help. Unless you are being paid for your advice, keep it to yourself.
- Never stay in a situation that has no chance of working out in your favor. Be smart enough to walk away.
- Never back something in the corner that is meaner than you are.
- Fight only as a last resort. If violence must occur, be vicious and fight dirty. End the situation quickly.
- Leave a small imprint. Big mouths make big targets.
- Here are a few others that are worthy of mention: I learned recently to not purchase anything that is not guaranteed. Why waste the effort if there are doubts? Never go out with a bang, leave like a whisper. Burn bridges: if someone shows you how little they care, believe them. Take a wait-and-see approach to everything. Never invest too much into people, they are human just like you.