My criminal justice brain has kicked on this morning, and I figured I would do a poll on my blog site. I am going to ask a series of questions, and I would prefer that you guys provide a choice in the comment section (if you so choose). Thanks for participating!
- What should be the maximum penalty for murder? Does it matter if it is a crime of passion or self-defense?
- What should be the maximum penalty for rape? Does gender matter (i.e. man rapes woman or man rapes man or any combination)?
- What should be the maximum penalty for pedophilia?
- What should be the maximum penalty for committing a hate crime? Which definition of a hate crime should be used?
- What should be the purpose of prison (rehabilitation, housing violent offenders, etc.)?
- Should the death penalty be used as a preventive measure? If so, what cases should the death penalty be used in (terrorism, murder, etc.)? Should certain crimes be exempt from the death penalty?
- How do we ensure that the law is applied fairly to all races?
- Do you think that the criminal justice system in America is broken?
- How do we prevent mass shootings from occurring?
- Is the immigration system broken in America? Should we allow mass immigration? Should the wall be built? Should there be a stricter screening process at the border? Would it be a better solution to help these immigrants in their home country?
- Do you feel that the law is applied fairly or unfairly to all people?
- Do you think that there are too many or too few laws in place to control crime?
- How do we limit gangs and their influence in our inner cities?
- Is there correlation between the environment of the home and crime?
- What should be done when a protest turns violent?