- Love myself. This will be difficult for me because part of loving myself will require me to let go of things that aren’t beneficial to me. I will make an effort once to be a part of people’s lives (family and friends). If that effort is rejected, then I will cut the cord and walk away.
- Pay off some bills. Man, being financially strapped for cash is horrible. There must be some relief in sight. I have a couple of bills that are close to being paid off. Once they are off the books, I will be able to breathe easier.
- Read more books. Since I have so many empty hours to overthink, I will fill the hours with reading. Therefore, I must buy more books to read.
- Do not cling to the past. There is no life in the past. Rehashing past mistakes are a no-go. You can’t live in the present if you constantly worry about the past. I must master leaving the past in the past.
- Make necessary changes. Change can be a good thing. Sometimes it is cutting back on purchases, other times it is saying goodbye to people who poison your mental health. Either way, making changes can be a force for growth.
- Be positive. Part of being healthy mentally is recognizing the positive attributes in others (and yourself). Being positive can lessen the stress in our daily lives. Therefore, I must teach myself to seek out the positive in every situation.
There you have it. Simple, small goals that I hope to achieve in 2019. I refuse to have another 2018 (if I can help it). It is time to grow and learn from past mistakes. The goals are achievable. You guys take care and I will chat with you all soon.